Monday 9 August 2010

Teal-tastic summer nights


I came up with this look a little while back trying to find something god for summer nights when you want things a little darker and a little more vampy but still staying summery.
I find that jewel colours such as purples and deep blues and, in this case, Teal work really well on the lid with a darker smokier colour worked into the socket and blended with bright highlights in the inner corner and brow bone. This particular look has been a favourite of mine recently:


Used:

Barry M white Eyeliner
Urban Decay e/s 'Flipside'
Urban Decay e/s 'Misdemeanor'
MAC e/s 'Electric Eel'
Sleek e/s in a matte white from the 'Acid Palette'
MAC Eye Khol 'Blooz'
Rimmel Glam'Eyes Liquid Liner
Rimmel Volume Flash Mascara
Estee Lauder Projectionist Mascara

Its a stupidly simple look to do but looks really dramatic:

Having applied primer potion I filled the inner corner of my eyes with the white eyeliner and also sketched some just below my brow.

I then patted a good amount of flipside over the lid with a shader brush bringing it out slightly further than my actual eye.

Using misdemeanor with a 217 blending brush I began to sweep the outer part of my crease, blending softly with the teal colour.

having created the right shape I darkened the crease and used electric eel to brighten the colour towards the inner corner.

Taking the matte white on a little brush I applied it to the inner corner and blended it with the flipside. Then using a short fluffy brush I dusted it under the brow and used it to blend out the edges.

I lined the lower lash line with Blooz and smudged it out with my finger to lighten it before lining the top lash line with the rimmel liner winging it out slightly.

Curling my lashes I applied the Rimmel Mascara to the top and the Estee lauder one to the bottom.

(During an actual night out I would recommend false lashes to amp up the look. My favourites for this would be MAC's 41 Lash or maybe Red Cherry Lashes in #42)

this look could be easily adapted for any jewel colour depending on preference and what goes with your outfit. You just need one shimmery bright version and one dark sultry one ~ remember black can always be gently applied to the outer corner to deepen up the colours.




No comments:

Post a Comment