Wednesday 27 October 2010

Tasty Time! Bacon wrapped Tofu!



Oh my goodness!

so I know it’s likehalf past 5 and therefore too late for lunch and too early for tea.


But I saw this recipe (here) and it looked so tasty I HAD to give it a try!

I ran straight out to the shop and bought tofu and extra bacon and about 20 minutes later I was eating this delicious meal.

I proudly a rubbish cook, but this was super simple to make: just wrap the bacon round the tofu and stick ‘em in an oily frying pan, pouring on a little soy sauce if you want.

The tofu soaks up both the salty richness of the bacon and the tangy flavours of the soy sauce and becomes an infusion of both. And then when you bite it you get soft tofu and chewy bacon. I put on a bit of black pepper too, just to add a bit of spice.

I also boiled up a little brown rice to have something mellow alongside such a rich dish.

It was delicious! I’m trying to convince my bf to let me cook it for him when he comes round Friday. He’s resisting but I have a feeling it’s more to do with my cooking skills than anything else haha

apparently this is also good made with prosciutto ham, which is much less fatty than bacon, I can imagine you could make little cubes of it like that and put them in a salad.

Thankyou for reading xx

No comments:

Post a Comment